Student Branch Funding
The IEEE NSW Section believes in the importance of strong, active student branches. For this reason the section has put in place a funding model that supplements student branch funding directly provided by the IEEE. Branches are rewarded for engaging with IEEE activities at the local, national and international levels. Activities conducted throughout the year determine the funding allocation in the previous year. Example, activities undertaken in 2019 determine the funding allocated to the branch in 2020.
This funding model was developed and approved in 2018.
NSW Student Branch Budget V1_2 – Formula approved by all student branches on 22 Feb 2019 and endorsed by the Section 11 Mar 2019.
NSW Student Branch Budget V1_2b – Adjustment made to the cancellation of Australia Council components. Adjusted 14 Jun 2019
Important Resources for Student Branches
– Position Descriptions outlines the roles and time frames for various NSW Section positions
– vTools Meetings (Events) is used to record all upcoming meetings and events and participation numbers after the event – https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/
– Note that if an event/meeting is not recorded (including recording of participation numbers) then in the eyes of the IEEE that event never occurred.
– Use an eNotice to communicate to all branch members – https://enotice.vtools.ieee.org/
– Discover information about Student Branch members with OU Analytics – https://mga.ieee.org/resources-operations/volunteer-tools/samieee
– Keep up to date on all things IEEE Student via the homepage – https://students.ieee.org/student-members/
– Keep to IEEE brand guidelines and obtain branded material and templates – https://brand-experience.ieee.org/
– Get involved with Humanitarian Activities, including funding support – https://www.ieee.org/about/ieee-humanitarian-philanthropy.html
– Get involved in student activities and competitions at the Region 10 (Asia-Pacific) level – https://sac.ieeer10.org/
– Get involved in student activities and competitions at the National level – http://ieee-ac.org/index.html
– Join our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/IEEE-NSW-Section-146048629397751/
– Join our Linkedin group – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13578458