IEEE Power & Energy Society, Bangalore Chapter Branch Advisors Meet 2020
Date: 29th February 2020
Venue: DSCE, Bangalore
Ø The meeting started at 10:00 AM. SAC Chair, IEEE PES welcomed all the participants
Ø Chair, IEEE PES addressed the gathering about the facilities & opportunities available at IEEE PES Society
Ø Chair announced & briefed about POWERCON-2020
Ø Chair Elect, IEEE PES gave an insight about activities of IEEE PES and suggested to conduct some workshops under IEEE PES Bangalore Chapter
Ø Secretary, IEEE PES gave detailed presentation on Usage of VTools
Ø SAC Chair, IEEE PES gave presentation on flagship events of IEEE PES Bangalore Chapter and requested the Student Branches to execute the events on convenient dates which suits all the SBs.
Ø Chair, Chair elect, Secretary, and SAC Chair of IEEE PES interacted with the participants and gave suggestions to execute the programs and asked them to utilize all facilities available under IEEE PES effectively
Ø Then had lunch, had interactions during lunch & dispersed from the venue.
IEEE Power & Energy Society, Bangalore Chapter Branch Advisors Meet 2019
Meeting of Advisors and Chairs meet of IEEE PES Bangalore Chapter held on 27th April 2019 at BMSCE, Bangalore.
EXECOM Members present: Dr. Kasi Vishwanath Raju, Mr. Rajashekhar, Dr. Vidya H.A and Dr. Abhishek Appaji.
Advisors & Chairs Present: Amrita University, BCET, DSATM, DSCE, CUK, UVCE, GAT, BMSCE, UVCE, RVCE, and Christ University .
The flagship events of IEEE PES Bangalore Chapter are proposed to be held at:
- YRM at RVCE, Bangalore.
- National Level Student Congress at Global Academy of Technology, Bangalore.
- WIPE at BCET, Bagalakote.
- Industry – Academia Conclave at NIE, Mysore.
- IEEE PES members requested the advisors to send proposals for the events.
- The well-organized and excellent presentation was given by Mr. Abhishek Appaji on usage of V-Tools, distinguished lecture program (DLP), Awards, Industry Visits, Educational activities, Smart cities workshop, Tutorials/workshops etc.
- Dr. Kasi Vishwanath Raju, Mr. Rajashekhar, Dr. Vidya H.A and Mr. Abhishek Appaji have addressed the issues related to the IEEE PES student Chapter Branches. There was discussion on the budget of the events to be conducted, TA/DA, and the other facilities available from the Chapter.
- The discussion was held on usage of IEEE PES logo and IEEE PES members suggested the Branches to design the logos and send to us at the earliest.
- Suggested advisors to send the proposals for the events which they are organizing other than IEEE PES flagship events prior to the events.