Student Branches are the backbone of the IEEE student program. In order to open an IEEE Student Branch in an institution 12 IEEE student members are required. 1 Branch counsellor is required for the new branch, who must be a faculty member. The Chair of the branch will be a student among the 12 IEEE student members. An interim Chair will be selected at the beginning, pending election. For opening an IEEE EDS Student Branch Chapter, out of the 12 student members at least 6 members are required who will also take membership of that society e.g EDS. 1 Branch Chapter Advisor is required for the new branch chapter, who must be a faculty member. Scanned copy of both these forms need to be submitted by email to IEEE, duly signed by all. Email id is provided in the form itself. So first a student branch need to be opened and then a branch chapter. An institution needs to have a single IEEE Student Branch but it can have multiple Student Branch Chapters. An institution having an IEEE Student Branch may apply for an IEEE Student Branch Chapter by submitting the duly filled petition form.
For all sorts of communications regarding opening IEEE EDS Student Branch Chapter, please write email to
Kellie Gilbert, CAP
IEEE Electron Devices Society
445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08855
732.562.6522 / eds.ieee.org
with Copy to the Chapter Chair, EDS Kolkata Chapter.
Under the geographical jurisdiction of IEEE Kolkata Section, there are several student branch
- ED University of Calcutta Student Branch Chapter
- ED Heritage Institute of Technology Student Branch Chapter
- ED Kalyani Government Engineering College Student Branch Chapter
- ED NIST (National Institute of Science and Technology) Student Branch Chapter
- ED NIT Silchar Student Branch Chapter
- ED Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology Student Branch Chapter
- ED Netaji Subhash Engineering College Student Branch Chapter