Welcome to the IEEE Northern Australia Section
The IEEE Northern Australia Section is home to IEEE members from Northern Australia and Papua New Guinea, including the Northern Territory and North Queensland. We have a small diverse membership across a large geographical area. We are part of IEEE Region 10 , the Asia-Pacific region of IEEE. Our Section was awarded the Most Outstanding Small Section in R10 in 2021 and we are continuing to grow in 2022.
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
In the Northern Australia Section, we have:
- A Northern Territory subsection for our members in the NT;
- A vibrant student branch based at James Cook University and Charles Darwin University;
- Women in Engineering Affinity Group promoting gender diversity;
- Young Professionals Affinity Group that champions industry engagement;
- A Communications and Microwave Theory and Technology Society Chapter;
- A Power and Energy Society Chapter; and
- Representation for Australia’s Oceanic Engineering Society Chapter.
Want to learn more? Come along to one of our events, follow our social media pages linked below or reach out to the team! We welcome new and past members and encourage you to join our community.