The Internet of Things (IoT) is a computing concept where all things, including every physical object, can be connected. With the rapid development and innovation of the Internet of things (IoT), more and more ordinary objects are being connected to networks and the internet through which they can automate tasks, create intelligence, interact with each other, humans and computers by themselves.
To bring recent innovations, development, and activities of the Victorian IoT community into the limelight, the IEEE Victorian section has formed IEEE Vic, IoT community under the global IEEE Internet of Things Community. The activities of this community include, but are not limited to:
- Establish a strong research collaboration between academic and industry experts.
- Accelerate the adoption of IoT applications in smart industrial applications and automation.
- Disseminate the information of state-of-the-art IoT technologies, IoT’s benefits, revenues and issues, and its existing and future applications among relevant research communities and industry people.
- Arrange workshops on IoT and IoT applications, including cloud-based applications.
- The presenters will be selected from academic and government, and industry experts.
- Organise and attract flagship IoT conferences in Victoria.
- Promote the sharing of IoT data and IoT networks among the Victorian research community and industry people.
- Create active connections with other IEEE IoT communities across the world.
- Recommend various IoT regulations, policies, and standards relevant to Victoria.
Current Committee of IEEE Victorian IoT Community
|Secretary||Venki Balasubramanian Appiah|
|Event Organiser and promotion||Adnan Anwar|
|Academic liaison||Akram Al-Hourani|
|Industry liaison||Raja Ravi|
|Event and Publication Manager||Varun Chandrappa|
|IoT Policies and Standards Liaison||Ruth Lewis|
Join the global IEEE Internet of Things (IoT) Community for free