Become an IEEE Member
As a Student/Graduate Student Member of IEEE you:
- Join a community of over 420,000 technology and engineering professionals united by a common desire to continuously learn, interact, collaborate, and innovate
- Get the resources and opportunities you need to keep on top of changes in technology
- Get involved in standards development
- Network with other professionals in your local area or within a specific technical interest
- Are mentored by professional engineers and technologists
- Obtain access to the largest library of electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics technical literature as well as the latest technology trends, industry news, and events.
- Collaborate with IEEE colleagues and member groups, online or in person, to build a support group for your profession, industry, or project.
And so much more!
Note: a Student/Graduate Student member must carry at least 50% of a normal full-time academic program as a registered undergraduate or graduate student in a regular course of study in IEEE designated fields. The total cumulative period for a member to hold the Student member grade and/or the Graduate Student member grade is limited to eight years.
IEEE members can access information on local events, activities and mentorship opportunities by signing into IEEE Collabratec®, the members’ personalized gateway to IEEE membership.
In addition, members can also:
- Access individual Society memberships and subscriptions
- Connect with local IEEE Sections and volunteer leadership
- Find upcoming conferences
- Learn more about individual benefits
- Read the latest news from IEEE, IEEE Spectrum, IEEE Standards News, and The Institute