IEEE Region 10 Section Chapter Committee is organizing ‘IEEE Region 10 Section Chapters Symposium’ to train volunteers from the sections of Region 10 with the theme Connecting and Collaborating – Recent trends.
It is expected that the trained volunteers shall be able to implement and guide IEEE Sections and Chapters efficiently and effectively ensuring the quality member engagement as per IEEE standard in their respective sections.
Details of program are as given below:
Dates: 13 – 14November 2021 (Saturday and Sunday)
Mode: Hybrid (Physical + Online)
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/iB4ixGzHmzGg53fU9
Venue (For physical event): Hyderabad, India (exact venue details shall be communicated later)
What to expect?
IEEE Section Chapter symposium is a platform for IEEE R10 Sections and Technical Society chapters to network, engage and collaborate. It is one of its kind of opportunities to learn the best chapter management strategies from the outstanding society chapters and learning through the experiences of outstanding chapter officers. The event will discuss and deliberate on best practices for Society chapter management and how sections can collaborate and support their chapters.
- Call for Participation and Call for Special Sessions are being sent to R10 Sections and facilitated by IEEE R10 SC Committee.
- Section Chairs/ Chapter Chairs/Section Chapter Coordinators should nominate officers to attend/ or Self-nominate to attend. In case of attending in-person, the attendees shall seek funding support approval from their parent Section/ Chapter to fund their expenses (including but not limited to travel + accommodation).
- Chapters will be able to establish and maintain a communication channel with other Section Chapter coordinators. It will help in promoting and assisting major Chapter events and TCS conferences in R10 sections.
- This programme will be a unique platform for promoting and encouraging inter and intra Section, subsection, chapter collaboration
- Society Chapters get exposure to Best practises happening in other section society chapters
- Sections get exposure to work closely with Society chapters and discuss collaborative models being undertaken at their home sections
- Society chapters get an exposure to participate and organise sessions in International programs with other section chapters.
- Societies may find it interesting and support their constituent chapters across IEEE Region 10
- Sessions for best practices by MGA, Societies, chapters, and student branch chapters.
You are requested to encourage participation and nominate delegates from your section by 5th Nov 2021.
This program is free to attend but not open to all, delegates to this program shall be on the basis of nomination from sections.
Looking at the pandemic situation the batch size of the program shall be 60 delegates (maximum) @ the physical location of the programme at Hyderabad. Seats shall be filled on a first come first serve basis.
- Volunteers engaged in IEEE travel at this time voluntarily elect to participate in the activity with knowledge of the dangers involved. Volunteers should understand that IEEE will not indemnify them for any health risk or economic or other loss resulting from exposure to COVID-19 during travel.
- IEEE will not reimburse costs associated with mandatory or self-quarantine or isolation associated with IEEE volunteer travel. If there is a risk of quarantine on entering or departing an area, IEEE volunteers should instead plan to participate virtually using IEEE video and teleconferencing tools.