Dear IEEE R10 Section/ Subsection chairs
The Call for 2020 R10 EA New Innovative Challenge has received many submissions from various OU’s within the Asia-Pacific Region.
Based on the recommendations from the IEEE R10 Educational Activities Committee members, the following results are announced.
· Winner of the Pre-University Category is Hong Kong Section with its project, “Empower Diversified Learners in Hong Kong with IEEE TryEngineering”. (USD500)
· Winner of University Category is the University of Malaya Student Branch with its project, “Smart Hybrid Solar Energy Harvesting and Storage System Design Challenge”. (USD500)
· Runner-up of the Pre-University Category is the IEEE Students Branch NIT Durgapur with its project “Dhruv”. (USD300)
· Runner-up of the University Category is Power Energy Society Malaysia Chapter with its project “Electrical Power System Simulation Competition 2020 (EPSSCom)”. (USD300)
The following proposals have been recommended to receive the “Commendation Support” (USD150) for their projects:
· “Automatic collection and disposal of Garbage from rural areas”,
· “Virtual STEM Outreach to Secondary Schools in Sabah”,
· “Bringing STEM to life (STEM for Learning Disabled Students)”,
· “Elevator Pitch Workshop for Engineers / Technopreneurs”,
· “IEEE iCARE e-Tuition for Humanity among Rural Learners during COVID-19 Pandemic Period”,
· “1st IEEE Five Minutes Final Year Project (5MFYP)”,
· “Bridge the Healthcare Gap: Introducing Telemedicine and IoT to Secondary Schools Students of Rural Areas”, and
All proposers have been informed and agreed to conduct their proposed projects with the recommended supports.
On behalf of the 2020 IEEE EA committee, I thank all the proposers for their submissions and their efforts in conducting the EA projects among their respective communities.
I also thank members of EAC for their contributions and efforts in the judging process.
Wishing everyone safe and well. With best regards
2020 IEEE R10 EAC Chair